Thursday, October 4, 2012

Not a full-length post, but something.

Well, folks, I definitely say it looks like I'll have to trim a bit, post-wise, in October. I'll make sure to get all the paranormal ones in, plus there's a birthday tribute in a couple of weeks. But I may shuffle things around, at least on the weekdays. There may not be any set day on the weekdays when something will go up, just whenever I can grab the time to write. And I'm thinking I'd like to have one specifically on Halloween, a Wednesday.

Seems I bit off quite a bit this month. I'm still working on my very long Halloween story, and in addition to that, I've taken up the other half of the writing challenge at Livejournal's October Writing community: namely, to write ten short pieces of at least 1,000 words each during the month. And I'm using some of the prompts from my favorite writing prompt community, 31 Days, to fulfill it.

These shorter prompts are also very Perry-related; I've decided to continue something I wrote this August and combine it and the new scenes into something I'm tentatively calling Dead on Arrival in my Memories: http://www.livejournal.com/tools/memories.bml?user=insaneladybug&keyword=dead%20on%20arrival&filter=all This linked list will update with each finished piece. I'm hopeful I'll be able to write all ten for the month, but that's not as important to me as finishing the Halloween story while there's still a lot of Halloween season left.

The themes seem to have taken on a supernatural air, which isn't unexpected considering the subject matter and the time of year (and the author). But the particular supernatural air they've taken on is a surprise to me. Even though I knew that the unfortunate cast member from August's piece would have to be back somehow, if I started an arc.

Happy Halloween season, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment